I tried Alexander Technique classes because I wanted to live free of pain and I realized I had to change something. I didn’t want to run in circles anymore as I did in my busy life, and I was ready for a new lifestyle. I learned to use the computer without hurting myself, to dance with balance but without unnecessary strain and to live without unnecessary tension.
I began my teacher training at the Toronto School of the Alexander Technique, and I graduated from the Escuela de Técnica Alexander de Buenos Aires. I am certified by the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique, and I am a member of the American Society for the Alexander Technique and the Asociación Argentina de Técnica Alexander. I continue to learn through continuing education with master teachers. I also play the violin and enjoy dancing and running.
My fascination with pain and recovery from pain led to study. I obtained a Therapeutic Pain Specialist certificate and have completed numerous hours of training in pain science and rehabilitation. I am currently studying in the Masters of Science in Medicine (Pain Management) program at the University of Sydney.
I currently conduct private and group classes and in-company training and coaching in Montana in the U.S. and in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Classes are in English, Spanish or Japanese. Please contact me to schedule a class or training program.
- Currently working toward Masters in Science in Medicine (Pain Management) expected in 2023 from University of Sydney
- Therapeutic Pain Specialist Certificate through Purdue University, Feb. 2021
- Completed 3-year, 1600-hour teacher training program at Escuela de Técnica Alexander Buenos Aires in 2014.
- Certified as a Teacher of the Alexander Technique by the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) based in London, UK.
- Currently enrolled in Masters of Science in Medicine (Pain Management) at University of Sydney, completion expected June, 2023.
- 4-month teaching term at Escuela de Técnica Alexander Buenos Aires
- Continuing education with world-renowned teachers of the Alexander Technique including
- Continuing education with Bruce Fertman
- Advanced Online Teacher Training with Penelope Easten
- Post-graduate training with Merran Poplar, Mariana di Paula, Reinaldo Renzo, Caren Bayer and Jeremy Chance
- Movement workshops with Lucia Walker
- Neuroscience and Biomechanics in the Alexander Technique with Dr. Tim Cacciatore and Dr. Patrick Johnson
- 32-hour teacher training in The Art of Running with Malcolm Balk
- On-going refreshers in The Art of Running with Malcolm Balk
- “Art of Breathing” seminar with Jessica Wolf
- Developmental movement with Luc Vanier
- Master Session with Lorimer Moseley, July 2022
- Graded Motor Imagery with NOI Group, Dec. 2020
- Explain Pain with NOI Group, July 2020
- Explain Pain Applications with NOI Group, Sept. 2020
- Bates Method with Jacqueline Ledesma, Opto X Ver
- “Introductory Human Physiology,” Duke University on Coursera, 2016
- “Preventing Chronic Pain: A Human Systems Approach,” University of Minnesota on Coursera, 2017
- “Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life,” The University of Chicago on Coursera, 2019
- “Understanding Obesity,” The University of Edinburgh on Coursera, 2019
- “Know Pain: A Practical Guide to Developing Your Patient Education Skills” 2020
- Continuing work exchange with teacher colleagues
- Violin lessons and improvisation with Sami Abadi (Buenos Aires)
- Violin at La Academia Tango Club O.T. La Reserva
- Courses in nonviolent communication with Jacob Sluijter and Ronnie Hausheer